Популярность: 0.06 %
Version 5 Ship Structure Detail Design provides a set of tools for structure designers who must
complete their functional design and carry out their detailed design.
The overall ship design project goes through a number of different phases from conceptual design
through functional and detail design to extraction of deliverables. This product addresses detail
design requirements for the shipbuilding industry. In particular, it lets you:
- Split your functional design into blocks
- Add secondary structures
- Capture functional connectivity and physically implement connections by means of piece parts
- Create design features such as endcuts, slots, cutouts, etc.
- Capture weld joint locations and efficiency
- Generate plates and shapes to initiate the manufacturing view.
Ship Structure Detail Design makes wide-scale use of knowledgeware capabilities to implement
connections and create design features. It includes tools that speed up the design process, such as
the ability to rapidly copy small repetitive assemblies or to quickly subdivide a large part into the separate plates from which it would be fabricated as well as sample catalogs of slots, endcuts and small assemblies.
All Ship Structure Detail Design commands share a consistent Windows graphical interface which
reduces training time and greatly increases ease of use.
As a scalable product, Ship Structure Detail Design can be used with other Version 5 products such
as Generative Shape Design, Generative Drafting and knowledgeware products.
This book is intended to help you become quickly familiar with Ship Structure Detail Design. You
should already be accustomed with basic Version 5 concepts such as document windows, standard
and view toolbars.
This guide is organized as follows:
- Getting Started: steps you through a scenario to get you acquainted with the product.
- User Tasks: provides a step-by-step guide for using Ship Structure Detail Design. Useful tips are
given for getting the most out of the product. This section also provides information on managing
project resources and object classes as well as working with user sections, and templates.
- Workbench Description: describes the Ship Structure Detail Design dedicated workbench toolbar.
- Glossary: defines terms that are specific to Ship Structure Detail Design.